Set Yourself Up For Success
Ah the Holiday’s! Family, fun, traditions and of course the food. All of those desserts and treats you just can’t possibly say no to (you don’t want to be rude). So how are you supposed to make it through this time of year with out gaining all of that weight back (or dare we think – actually lose weight)? How are you going to be a success during so many obstacles right now?
Personally I’d love to lose a few pounds despite all of the Holiday food and parties. This means I need to be extra intentional with my time each day. Here are the top 5 ways I will set myself up for success today.
- Plan Your Day: The best way to make sure you are fitting your workout in every day is to plan your workout into your day. Don’t just wing it! Trust me, with out scheduling your workout in you will skip it. Life is super busy and especially this time of year. If you’re not someone who is in love with working out, it will be what you give up without thinking about it.
- Plan Your Workout: Whether you’re going to the gym or working out at home. Don’t leave it to your feelings once you start working out. Plan out which machines you’re going to use. The class you will take. The workout you will kill at home. Set up any and all tools you will need to accomplish your goals. Don’t rely on your feelings in the morning.
- Set Out Your Clothes: I know this may sound silly but don’t leave any room for you to back out. Set out your clothes and shoes for your workout the night before. If you’re running behind you’re more likely to just say forget it if you are not 100% set and ready to go. I put mine on my night stand so that I have to look at it when my alarm goes off at 6:30am (and it forces me to just get out of bed).
- Plan Your Meals: Are you heading out for a Holiday party Saturday night? Plan your breakfast and lunch with lower calorie foods. Fill up on your fruits and veggies big time (because you know you’re not digging in on those when you’re out). Yes, you will probably still overindulge but at least it’s not an all day kinda thing.
- Fill Up Before You Party: So you’ve had your lower calorie meals first and filled up on those veggies & fruits. But you want to make sure you aren’t eating all of the “not so good” for you foods at the party because you’re still hungry. Why not make yourself a smoothie!? In a blender throw together almond milk, almond butter, banana, blueberries and vanilla protein powder. Fill yourself up first!
I hope this helps you through the holidays. I’m always looking for new tips & tricks to keep me from overindulging (that’s what got me here in the first place right). How do you keep yourself in check with all of the temptations out there?
Burnin’ The Fat…