What’s Your Why?
Everything we do we do for a reason. Whether we are conscious of that reason or not. However, when get to the “point of action” our reason can be what drives us. Our why.
One of the best places to start with your weight loss journey is with your why. Why do you want to lose weight? Your health? Your family? That dress you’ve been drooling over? A special occasion? Why are you ready to change your life?
The last couple of months I started using a new journal that will track all of your goals and schedule at the same time. It’s been a wonderful learning experience for me. I’v had to revamp my schedule because I’m learning how it affects my goals. It’s also helped me keep focused on the positive (three in the morning and three at night) while turning negatives into lessons.
This is just a peak into one of my days. I can not tell you how much this has helped me refocus my days and goals. It’s seriously been amazing!
So what is your why? How are you keeping your focus on it? How are you tracking it? I can tell you from experience that you can not meet your goals with out having your why front and center. It’s just not possible.
Ways to Create Your Why
- Write down what your reason for losing weight is. Your goal. Your why.
- Create a list of steps you need to take to reach your goal.
- Break these steps into realistic time frames to reach each of them.
- Track your wins and your lessons.
- Give yourself mini “I win” parties along the way.
- 13 Week Roadmaps. The BestSelf Journal is all about breaking your goals down into 13 week mini goals.
It all starts with your WHY! Find it. Know it. Meditate on it.
What’s your why? Why are you striving to live a healthier lifestyle? Why are you working so hard to lose weight?
Burnin’ The Fat…